SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

27-3 EA3 CMC1 Window balance

A home owner from Auburn, ME says:
Hi, we have windows from Waterville Windows that was in Waterville, Maine before going bankrupt. We have a few windows with balances that have broken and are looking for a source for new ones. The number on it is 27-3 EA3 CMC1. Does this mean anything to you? Any help is greatly appreciate.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Sounds like you have a 28" block & tackle balance with a stamp option of 2730. Now you just need to pick out the top and bottom fittings in order to determine the Series.

I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A quick learner says:
Thanks. Your S2770-28 looks correct. Any idea what the sash weight might be? My top is just a screw hole and the bottom has a terminal clip. Is that standard on the S2770?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Do you mean our S770-28? If so then yes, this balance has a screw way at the top and the 15-043 terminal clip attached to the cord at the bottom. As for the option, there are a few possibilities. We have a chart under the S770-28 with each option and how much weight they support. You should weigh your sash and see which option is best.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)