SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

28 "Window Channel Balances

A home owner from USA says:
I need two 28" assembled window balances. There is a stamped marking 2740 H.F on it .
Looking at your website it looks like your 28" Series 385 Channel Balance option 2740 will fit . But I think the shoe is 15-005. The shoe is 1 " like that in your catalog page 'http://www.swisco.com/Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-004 '

Please let me know if these are the ones.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid your images didn't come through. You can try uploading again, but you may not need to. If you think you have the Series 385 but with a 15-005 shoe, could our Series 380 work? That's essentially what a Series 380 is!
A quick learner from San Diego says:
I have uploaded the images.

Thanks,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Uploaded images.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
In addition the top the of window frame has a broken piece. Would you have this piece ?

Thanks,
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For the balance, it appears the Series 350 is the best match, especially since the shoe's depth is 15/16". It likely used to be 1" but simply wore down a little over time. The top attachment for the Series 380 has wings, but I think you can just clip them off if they get in the way.

As for the top sash guide, see our 18-009 and see if that is a match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)