SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

29-90 Balance Id

A home owner from Brooksville, FL says:
Good morning... would like to order 4 new balances for my windows. I would need: 30" channel length.
1/2" wide.
Top clip: 19-005
Bottom clip: 15-004
Size: 29-90
Markings on channel: (29 9 BX CME 1).
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you have our S385-30, but that stamp doesn't correspond to any of our options. You will have to weigh your window sash and then cross reference the weight to the chart of options we have listed for this balance.
A home owner from Florida says:
Hello Tom,
Thank you for getting back with me on my questions about the balances.... I did weigh the window and they weigh in at ( 36 lbs ). So would balance # S385-30 work for me???
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It would, assuming that the nylon attachments match! The weight of the sash doesn't really have any bearing on what Series you use, that's determined by the nylon attachments. The stamp option is what signifies how much weight a balance can support. Since your window weight is 36 pounds, I recommend our 2965 option. As you can see on the chart I mentioned, two balances with this option can carry a sash weight of 35 through 39 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)