SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Alenco Window Part Identification

A home owner from USA says:

I've attached pictures of the 29" (measurement includes both plastic end pieces) assembly I need. You can clearly see the number 2730 P and it's from the left side of an Alenco single hung window. You can also see the broken block and tackle looking piece that the spring attaches to.

Do you carry a replacement part for this window?

Thanks,
Matt
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A home owner from USA says:
After talking to one of your phone agents this morning, we tentatively narrowed it down to a S351-28 28" Series 351. But when I tried to confirm the shoe measurement, I came up with 1 1/6" for both height and depth. The chart lists them at 1". Can I assume this is similar to the 9/16" actual rail measurement being called a 1/2" in the industry?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think our S390-28 would be what you want. It is likely your shoe was once 1-1/8", but wore down with age and use. This is pretty common. If your original shoe was 1" deep, it would probably measure less than that for the same reason.
A quick learner from Hayward, CA says:
OK, Paul, I'll take your word for it, that this is the correct one. I also need to ask if the "5/8" Top Sash Guide is the piece that you can see that covers the spring balance, which can be seen on the top of each side of the movable window when it's closed.
Profile picture of Paul
Certainly! Could we see a picture of an undamaged top sash guide removed from the window? Your type of balance is compatible with many, many different kinds and I'm not sure what would work for you. I would also need the rest of its dimensions.
That plastic cap must have broken when the block & tackle broke and the spring came lose. Somebody threw it out, because I never even saw the busted remains of it. Are the 2 sides the same? I don't want to take the window out again just to take a picture of the other one. But I will be taking a different, smaller window out soon. Will it be the same part?
Profile picture of Paul
The top sash guide on both sides of the same window should be the same, yes. Sometimes they can be left and right specific, but seeing the other one would still help. I'm not sure if the smaller window will have the same top sash guide. It would depend on if it's identical in every other respect.
Here are 3 pictures of the end cap, taken of a smaller but similar Alenco window installed in my house. Sorry, there're a bit blurry, but I think you can see the general shape and tape measurements.
User submitted photos of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for the extra pictures! Past customers with this model Alenco window have used our 18-009 black top sash guide as a replacement successfully. Look it over and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)