SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Croft window hardware?

A handy person from USA says:
Dear Sir

I believe I have Croft series 96 tilt single hung windows, please correct me if I am wrong. I would like to replace both slides on each side of the window frame that the window sash fits into. These slides also attach to some type of spring device to help in the sash position.

I would also like to replace both spring loaded retainer clips on the top of the sash on both sides, that hold the top of sash in place. And finely I need to replace both spring position devices.

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Greg. Based on these photos, I would start by looking at our 15-045 pivot lock shoe, 26-041 tilt bar, and Series 900 spiral balance. Look this hardware over carefully and see how well it matches.
A handy person from USA says:
Thank you Paul for getting back with me.
The spiral balance I have is in a white plastic tube. I see the S900-28 is aluminum(?). Will the new spiral balance fit in the white tube or will the decorative covers snap on over the spiral balance?
The window frames are aluminum, they are very solid I didn't see a way to replace them. Is there a way? Thanks again< Greg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
No, the S900-28 will not fit in the white tube. The aluminum tube on the S900-28 is a direct replacement. As for the decorative balance cover, I see no reason why it shouldn't if your old balance has a 3/8" diameter.

I'm not sure what part you're referring to in your second question. Do you mean the pivot shoes? If so, check the track for a pre-existing cut out. It may be under a sash stop. If not, you may need to make the cut outs yourself, since the window is aluminum.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)