SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Going through plastic roller guides

A quick learner from Durham says:
I'm having an issue where these pins 21-092 are going through the plastic roller guides 21-174. Is there something else I can use ?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, but I'm unable to find anything that could replace these two parts that would work with the same closest door track. What is the issue you're having, exactly?
A quick learner from Durham nh says:
I'm using part parts 23-407 in conjunction with 21-174 on my bifold mirror door. I'm also using 21-462 to replace the track. If the door is closed my lower right corner is my pivot/stationary and my lower left corner is my pivot in the roller guide (21-174). Everything has been working fine for a month. I adjusted both 21-092 screw driver bottom pivots. The left stationary pivot doesn't adjust vertically when screwed in but provides support. The screw driver pivot in the roll guide (21-174) adjust vertically but over time slowly punchers a hole through the plastic roll guide center. I'm asking if there is another type off bottom pivot that provides stability and not go through the roll guide over time. the pin from the pivot goes through the 1/4 inside area and out the other side.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for your patience. I did some experimenting with a few different nylon guides and the 21-462 high profile track. I found that the 21-110 bi fold cap, while not made for this set up, does work with the 21-462 and 21-092 bottom pivot when installed. The nipple on the other side of the guide does not interfere with the door performance, and in fact adds strength to the guide. This might be the answer you are looking for.
A quick learner from Duram NH says:
Paul,

Do i use 21-110 in conjunction with 21-174. Or do I replace 21-174 with 21-110. I assume it nipple down correct?
Profile picture of Paul
You would use the 21-110 to replace the 21-174, and yes it would be nipple-down.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)