SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

International brand door handle, exterior with lock

A home owner from San Jose, CA says:
My existing door handle is the International brand with 3 inch installation holes (similar to 82-060 only brown. Is there a way to add a lock to the exterior of the handle, or is there a replacement handle with locking capabilities?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You may want to consider the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Pull, however I cannot confirm whether it will work with the 82-030 Surface Mount Handle.
A home owner from San Jose, CA says:
Thanks for the reference to the 82-306. I'll try it.

Once using the 82-306, I won't be able to use my screen door, which slides very close to the glass door. Is there any work-around for this or is it a given that using an exterior handle precludes use of a sliding screen door? I guess it depends on the overall, original configuration of the door. The existing exterior handle on the door is nearly completely flat - just a lip of sorts that extends over the glass.

Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
There is a flush handle with key cylinder available, I have never used it but it looks like it could possibly work for you because it has the 3" installation hole centers.
Give us a little time and we will post again as soon as it is available for you to review.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Please see new SWISCO product code 82-308, Keyed Exterior Pull.
A home owner from San Jose says:
Thank you!
A quick learner from San Jose says:
Will this be available in bronze/brown or should I paint the silver/metallic?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
We can look into making a black 82-308 Keyed Exterior Pull available.

However, the 82-308 is not available in bronze.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)