SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Louisiana-Pacific Model:Astoria Collection Piviot shoe replacement

A quick learner from Daly City,CA says:
My home is equipped with Louisiana-Pacific Model:Astoria Collection Double Hung vinyl windows. Unfortunately, LP does not make windows anymore and I have Pivot lock shoes are broken. These shoes are white with a red brake and black cam. Think the correct shoe would be the 15-067 Pivot shoe 9/16' thick, I ordered 17 of these. Unfortunately, these shoes do not hold (brake). Now I have 17 shoes that do not fix and a couple of windows are not balanced. Please advise me on what shoe will fix.

Thank you.
Milt
User submitted image of their Louisiana-Pacific window pivot lock shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You did not provide the thickness of your shoe, so I cannot be sure, but your picture looks like our 15-121 which is 9/16" thick.

Here is a discussion where Dave talks about a couple different methods on how to remove a pivot lock shoe from a window.
A quick learner from Daly City says:
The shoe appears to look like the 15-121 shoe. I have tried the 15-067 shoe which measures 9/16" thick. The 15-067 does not lock. Measuring the 15-067 to the old shoe, the original shoe appears to be 1/16 inch thicker than the 15-067 so the old shoe is 5/8 inch thick. By chance, do you also have a spacer shim? Just in case?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at SWISCO product code 15-047, Pivot Lock Shoe. This shoe measures 5/8" thick.
A handy person from Daly City,ca says:
Does this shoe have a "brake" so that it will hold its' position so that the window can be installed or removed when pivoted?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, all of our tilt pivot shoes have break shoes to hold them in place.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)