; PIVOT SHOE & BAR

A home owner from DOWNINGTOWN, PA says:
I have made a purchase in the past for the pivot shoe and guessed incorrectly. Please help me identity the correct one and make a successful purchase.

It is about 1/2 inch in thickness.

I also am trying to identify the correct pivot bar. I hope that is the correct name for the bar.

I would like to purchase several pieces of both.

Thank you.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Please see our 26-272 tilt bar and 15-210 pivot shoe.
A home owner from DOWNINGTOWN, PA says:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your response. I purchased the 15-210 pivot shoe and it looks almost exactly like the original. The only difference is that it is slightly thinker then the original and as a consequence it does not fit in the track. Is there a shoe like the 210 that is slightly thinner? It really is just the black piece that holds is the rotating cylinder that is causing it not th fit.

Thank you,
Kevin
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Kevin. The black piece you mention is the bumper and retracts and expands depending on the position of the cam. If it is making the shoe too thick, it is probably still in the "locked" position. Try rotating the cam to see if it retracts the black bumper, allowing you to install it.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.