SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Quote- Veteran Stadium - Unique

A home owner from Burbank, CA says:
Hello Parts Department-

I need a quote on the attached sash balance in the attached photos. Can you please quote me on 60 ea. of them to be shipped to the address below.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Emily
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Emily. Looks like you have an old non-tilt wood window spiral balance. For these, we recommend our Series 500 balance and 17-012 bracket. Carefully look over this hardware and let me know what you think. We've been using this setup to replace yours since the 50s. All pricing can be found on each part's respective page.
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom-
Thank you for your reply. My tube length is 48" , but I do not see that above. I think this is special order. I would also need 60 ea of these. What is the cost?

Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, sorry about that! Yes, it will definitely need to be custom made. Before we begin, would you be able to tell me the weight of the sash? That will allow us to calculate the proper strength of the spring you will need. With a balance this size, getting the right spring strength will be important.
A quick learner says:
1 lb 8 oz the sash weighs
Profile picture of Tom
I think you're measuring the balance by mistake. The sash is the glass panel that the two balances support. Let me know!
A contractor from Burbank, CA says:
Tom-
The glass panel weighs 82lbs total sq foot.

Thanks.
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom:

It is 65lbs, not 85lbs. So sorry. I had my foreman verify.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us with the sash weight, Emily. Please give us a little time as we research a possible match. 65 pounds is very heavy, but not totally unheard of. I think we can work something out. I'll let you know!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)