Weatherstrip on first generation Pella Sliding Patio Door

A home owner from Alexandria, VA says:
Patio door purchased around 1990; no serial numbers or markers on it. The vertical weather seal between the sliding door and fixed door needs replacement. It fits into a retention slot on the fixed wood door.

Am looking for original replacement if possible or similar one. Caution note is that the inside removable window has clips which rub across the seal which can cause rapid wear of the strip it touches.

The original seal as seen in pics had three "fans" which formed the seal between the door. They were flexible and bent easily.

If no original is available, I wonder if bubble seal 5/16" (Swisco part 58053) would do the job. Thanks in advance for your help. (Hope the drawing and two pics help).

Rich
User submitted photos of patio door weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. If this is for a Pella door, I wonder if our 58-181 can work. This has a similar shape and method of installation. See the end profile dimensions listed below. Check it out and see what you think.

Profile view of 58-181
Profile view of 58-181

A home owner from Alexandria, VA says:
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You're welcome! Let us know how it works out!
A quick learner from Homer Alaska says:
I am looking for the proper replacement of this seal on my Pella sliding patio door. 2008 vintage.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1026.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1027.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1028.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I can't determine what you have based on these photos. In order to check our inventory for a possible match, I will need you to remove an undamaged sample from your door and show me a clear photo of the end profile. The video below will go into more detail.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.