pivot shoe

A home owner from Reading Ma says:
tilt windows were installed when house built about 15 years ago.Name unknown. I have replaced the upper window pivot bar with your model #26-412, with no problem. I now found that one of the lock shoe pivot is damaged & needs replacing. I was unable to disconnect the spiral balance from the shoe with the spiral balance tool & viewing your video via cut out method did remove the balance & shoe as a unit. I could not find a way to disconnect the balance from the shoe with the balance tool, other than removing as a unit.Your lock shoe model # 15-046 looks like a fit, but my concern,can this shoe be used with my spiral balance or do I have to replace both.
The spiral balance is 23 inches long with these markings. 22 5 LU CMC 6
Thank You---- Guido
A home owner from Reading Ma says:
My follow up inquiry. After a careful inspection ,I find that my balance is totally different. you show a round spiral balance that the tension can be adjusted with a tool & can be disconnected from the damaged lock shoe. Mine is square with a spring & has to be removed as a unit to replace the damaged lock shoe,& no tension adjustment.My question, can your model 15-0460 lock shoe be used with my balance???
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I don't think you have a spiral balance. Your pivot shoe sounds like it could be our 15-046, and the balance might be our Series 765 channel balance, but I'm not sure. Carefully look this hardware over and see what you think. If I'm right, then you can use needle nose pliers to disconnect the "J" hook from the pivot shoe, after you tilt in and remove the sash of course.
A home owner from Reading, MA (01867) says:
Paul, I wish to thank you & Swisco for your information and instructions, I was able to replace the pivot shoe with no problems. The videos were of great help, Thanks again
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Awesome! Glad everything worked out. Thank you again for your business, and please let us know if you need anything else.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.