plate for the door latch missing

A quick learner from USA says:
Hi!
I have a door that is missing the plate for the latch to hold locked.
Door says
Series 890
AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97
SGD-R15-120X96
SGD-R20-120X82
Please direct me to the needed part, thanks!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. The latch plate you need might be our 89-029. Look it over and tell me what you think.

It certainly looks like that might be the right part, although that doesn't explain all the screw holes which do not seem necessary given the part shown.

Thanks,

Bob

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Bob. It's possible previous home owners used multiple different keepers over the years, requiring them to redrill installations holes each time. 

I found a neighbor with the same door. Your suggestion looks like it might work but is not the same. Do you have this one?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Aha! That works. This keeper looks like an older version of our 89-024. Yours is of course much wider than ours, but I'm afraid we are unable to get anything in that exact size.

A professional from CA says:
Line up as many as you can and just put the remaining screws in new holes. The old ones will probably end up behind the strike.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.