replacement truth hardware operators

A home owner from Palm Harbor says:
I have a crank windows with truth hardware . I need one left crank and one right crank. As you can see from the pictures one is missing all the parts and one has part of the crank. I would like to buy two new ones, (1) for left and (1) for right . Can you help me? Thank you,Cindy
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Cindy. Yes, I think we can help, but I cannot identify your operators based on these pictures, I'm afraid. I can only see the base, but in order to make sure we get you the right replacement I would need to see the arms, as well. Please either remove the operator from the window or, if you can, open the window as far as it can go and show us the arms. See the video below for more information on how this kind of hardware is replaced.
A quick learner says:
Arm is the picture u requested I hope you can help me. Thanks, Cindy
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I recommend looking at our 39-031 and 39-032. Just make sure the dimensions all match up! You may also want to see our 39-107 and 39-205.
A quick learner says:
Not the arms I need the those parts in the first pic that make the arms open.
See how in one picture I have part of it and the 3 picture is a empty hole?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Do you mean the gear bore that fits into the empty hole? I'm afraid that cannot be replaced. In fact, if it has come out, it means the gears in your operator have stripped. The entire operator has to be replaced, not just the gear bore. I apologize for the confusion.
A quick learner says:
Ok yes the gear bore. You mean I cant buy a new one?
Profile picture of Tom
Unfortunately, no. When that comes out it usually means that the handle was cranked too many times to open or close and eventually stripped the gears out. The only option is to replace the operator.
A quick learner says:
Ok can you give me the part number so I can put all new parts in there to make it work again.
Profile picture of Tom
Sure! I believe Dave made some recommendations back on the 30th, earlier in this very same thread. He asked you to look at our 39-031 and 39-032 operators. It's important that you confirm that your dimensions match our own.
A quick learner says:
He gave me the arm parts I need the part inside the hole to make the arm ope and close.
A quick learner says:
could you please look at my first picture, I need that part for a left swing and one for a right swing. The part with the gears.
Profile picture of Tom
I think you may be confused. You're referring to the gear bore again, which is not available by itself. You need to replace both of your operators entirely. The 39-031 and 39-032 come with the gear bore built in. You could probably re-use your old handles, but if you need new ones then see our 39-114L.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.