SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

1-3/8" steel tension rollers for oversized screen door manufactured by Alumite

A quick learner from San Diego, CA says:
Hi, I am looking for replacement steel rollers for my oversized screen door, but Alumite is no longer in business and I'm having trouble finding these rollers online. They look like your product: "Screen Door Roller, 1-1/4" Dia Steel / Product Code: 84-104", but they are 1-3/8" steel rollers. One of the rollers has completely corroded and frozen up, so I was going to replace the two bottom ones. Any suggestions are much appreciated!!

Thank you for your time!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if we can get you exactly what you need. I haven't seen 1-3/8" wheels for some time now, so I'm thinking yours is pretty old. Our 84-104 has pretty much the largest wheel you will find for this style. It's not all bad news, though; your door should have an adjustment screw that would make up the difference. Would that work? You also mention corrosion, so you might want to consider the 84-016 with a 1-1/4" nylon wheel.
A quick learner from San Diego, CA says:
Thank you, Paul! I will try and modify it with the adjustment screw and we will see what happens...I assume they were bigger since it was an oversized screen door, but I just cannot find any replacement for them. Appreciate the tip!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)