1) Weatherstripping for old Peachtree Citadel screen door, and 2) roller question.

A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Hi,

I have an old Peachtree Citadel screen door, date unknown. I need two parts.

1) Wool pile: I measure it at 5/32 or 3/16 wide on the flat bottom and 9/32 or 1/4 tall to the wool pieces. Suggestions?

2) Roller: The one I need for this screen door seems to be 84-018. I'm not sure how to remove the old roller assembly. Is it simply a matter of unscrewing from the vertical piece and from below, or are there more fasteners in there, as it appears?

Thank you!
Chad
User submitted a photo of wool pile.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For the wool pile, see our 58-127 for a possible match. It seems to match your dimensions, but double check just in case.

As for how to remove the 84-018, Peachtree rivets the wheel spring to the door. You need to drill out the old rivets to remove it. If the spring is okay and you just need the wheel, some people find it easier to just swap out the old wheel for the new one that comes with the 84-018, but it's up to you.
A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Paul, thanks so much for the tips. Super helpful!
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.