SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

10' Sliding Door Track Cover, Small

A quick learner from tampa fl says:
8' Sliding Door Track Cover, Small, 80-103.. do you have in 10 foot long, not cut in peices
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Currently SWISCO does not carry a 10' patio sliding door track. Try your local mom & pop hardware store, they may be able to get in what you need.
A quick learner from Southern California says:
Is this 8' sliding door track cover one piece or cut in pieces? A section(about six inches) of my sliding door track is badly worn. Can the repair kit take the weight of the sliding door over the damaged section without being squshed?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
A section(about six inches) of my sliding door track is badly worn. Can the repair kit take the weight of the sliding door over the damaged section without being squshed?
This is a good question. Yes, you may have problems overtime placing the sliding door track cover over a track that has some bad wear in places. I have spoken with door contractors that suggest trying to build the worn track up before adding the cover. One contractor swears that filling the voids with epoxy has never failed for him. Another option is to rip the old track out and put in a new track. Check out the 80-105 sliding glass door replacement track.

Is this 8' sliding door track cover one piece or cut in pieces?
The 80-103 sliding door track cover is one long piece.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)