SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

10 year old door needs correct replacement

A quick learner from Chesterfield says:
I have an external screen door I bought from Home Depot about 10 years ago; the handle broke 2 years ago. There is a sticker on the inside that has the following info:
61-27101-14
948.651 01062_65101-006.

Checking thru your web site, I "think" your handle number 40-043 looks to be the correct replacement, but I'm not sure. You noted 3 1/2" high, by 1 3/4" wide, for 1 3/4" thick door. I just measure my door area and those seem to be the correct dimensions. Also, I have "3" holes thru the door.

Do those number mean anything? Is your 40-043 the correct replacement?
I could also take some digital pictures of the door itself if you provide me an email address.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately the given numbers do not help us determine the proper replacement handle set for you. We would be happy to take a look at some digital pictures, please attach them to a reply post.
A home owner from Charlotte, NC says:
I have a vintage white Sears best storm door that needs to have replacement weatherstripping on the latch side and it seems to fit in a slot or channel. I believe that it is also magnetic. It is white full view door. Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
We would be happy to research this for you if you cannot identify the needed hardware on our site. Please send us detailed photos with measurements.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)