11-1/4" Operator arm length is not a match

A quick learner from Hometown, IL says:
I am pretty positive I need 2 -(left and right)Truth window casement operator parts #39-027E. Here's what I need to know before I order. On YOUR measurement for the single arm in a part photo, you have 9 1/2 inch arm. In YOUR measurement drawing in one of the actual photos, it says 9 1/2 inch arm from roller to middle of gear connected to operator. Is this a typo, I hope? On my arm, it is 9" from the roller end to the end of the arm before it makes a bend going to the gear. If I measured from the roller tip to the spot in which your drawing shows, it would actually be for ME, 11 1/4. If you could please call me or write back, I sure would appreciate it!! I have a ton of stuff I want to buy from you. I have 4 windows in all that need replacement parts, screens, etc. Thanks!!
User submitted photos of a window operator.
A quick learner from Hometown, IL says:
Thank you for all your help! I have a handle on this now, (no pun intended!)So, for future customers who may have the problem I did, 11" arm that is no longer made, you CAN use either the 9 1/2" arm, or, the 13. They will both fit, as long as your operator gear box is the same dimensions as your old one (which Swisco's part is) AND, your track is long enough to accommodate the 13" arm. In my case, I will go with the 9 1/2" arm, because I see no need to change my track, and the window will still open to a 90 degree angle. Thanks again Jody!!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I'm not sure if you would have the width to use the 13" arm. You would need to check to make sure you have room, otherwise the window may not close. To play it safe I think you would be better off using the 9-1/2" arm. The worst case scenario is the window won't open as far, but that's better than it not closing all the way. You also won't have to replace your track because the end nylon bearing should fit. Another thing to keep in mind is since the arm length is a bit shorter you might need to re-position the track on the sash. I would install the operator first then see if you need to move the track. It may work fine.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.