SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

11600-17 balance

A home owner from Walkersville, MD says:
Could not find anything other than 11600-17 on my balance. Double hung window, each glass measures 28.5" wide X 28" high. Which of your balances will work?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Unfortunately, we are unable to identify your balance based on the information provided. If at all possible, could you tell me what other stamps are printed on the balance box? You may have to remove the balance to access them all, as some might be hidden underneath it. If it would be easier, you could take a picture of your balance, as well, for us to look at.
A handy person from Westbury, NY says:
I also could only find 11600-17 on my balance box. There was an ink stamped number also J41 527 1-88. The box itself without the tab measures 6 3/8 X 3 inches wide. This is on a bay-bow window and I will probably replace both boxes on both sides. Getting the box out was easy enough and I hope you can help me. Thank you. James Corcoran
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for getting back to us. I see one of your numbers reads 527. Please take a look at our 24-531 Andersen sash balance, which can be used to replace balance boxes with the stamp 527.
A handy person from Westbury, NY says:
The part you recommended was a perfect fit. I just changed the balancers in two windows in my bay unit in about an hour. The video was a great guide when I first took the window apart to get the numbers. Thank you again
Profile picture of Paul
I'm so glad to hear that it worked for you! Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)