SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

11600-17 and H106233-88 replacement balance

A home owner from pittsburgh pa says:
i need to replace the left and right balances on my parents wood double hung window. the numbers on the original balances are 11600-17 and H106233-88. can you tell me which replacement balances i need. i got the numbers off the balances that are on the window now.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm sorry, but I wasn't able to determine what balances you need based on this information. Are these Andersen windows? If so, could you take a few pictures of the stamps printed on the balance box? Sometimes seeing how the numbers are printed is just as important as the numbers themselves.
A handy person from columbus oh says:
they are Anderson windows and I am attaching photos of the right balance, my parents house is in Mt. Lebanon PA.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Great, thanks. Take a look at our 24-637. This can replace balance boxes with the stamp 623.
A handy person from columbus says:
thanks for the response. i will order those parts, i assume i should order a right and left. i will keep you posted when i receive the new balances.
Profile picture of Tom
Our 24-637 actually works for both the left and right sides.
A handy person from pittsburgh says:
Thanks for all your help. received the new balances and put them in with no problem at all
Profile picture of Tom
Awesome! Let us know if you need any other help in the future, I'd be happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)