SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

1/2" channel balance for non tilt window

A quick learner from Forida says:
Could you tell me what is the difference between the 380 and the 385 channel balance ? They look the same to me and I can't tell which one to order.

Thank you,

Karen
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Karen. The difference lies in the bottom shoes. For the Series 380 you have the 15-005 and for the Series 385 you have the 15-004. Take a look at their dimensions and tell me which one is closer.
Detail of 15-005
Detail of 15-004
A quick learner from Florida says:
Hi Tom,

The picture of the balance shoe that has a depth of 1 3/32" is the closest one to the size I need. Is that #380 or #385.

Thanks for you help.

Karen
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Karen. If your shoe is 1-3/32", then that would make it the 15-004, which goes with our Series 385.
A quick learner from Florida says:
Hi Tom,

The stamp on my broken balance is 29-9-BSI. Since you don't have one listed with that number, which one would I purchase and should I get two of them ?

Thanks, Karen
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, yeah, a stamp like that wouldn't match any of ours. I recommend that you weigh your window sash and compare it to the options shown for whichever Series balance you chose.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)