SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

1/2" channel balance replacement

A home owner from USA says:
I have 4 windows that need new channel balances. The channel width is 1/2" and length 30"

The part I'm not sure about is the end pieces. I want to be sure I order the right pieces. So far the most similar parts I can find on your site are part S377-30 and S371-30, but these are slightly different from my part. Can you help me identify the correct part for my windows? Please see photos attached.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It looks like your balance uses our 19-041 top and 15-005 bottom. Can you confirm? We can make this for you, but it's a custom configuration. I know that your metal channel is 30", but can you also give me the stamp printed on the metal channel? Can you also tell me how many you need? Thanks!
A home owner from USA says:
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. The 15-005 piece looks correct, but I can't tell if the top piece 19-041 is the right one because the photo on the product page only shows the rear view. Maybe you could tell me if it looks the same as the picture I sent you.

As for the stamp, there is no stamp printed on the channel. I even took it to a window supply store and they said there was no stamp on it...

I have 4 windows that have all failed, so I will need 8 of them all together.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you. Yes, I think the 19-041 is a good match, I just wanted to run it by you. Since you do not have a stamp, can you give me the weight of your window sash? You can determine this by removing the sash from the frame and placing it on a scale. Any common bathroom scale should do.
A home owner from Fort Lauderdale says:
The sash weighs 26 lbs. So how much would it cost for 8 pieces?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thanks. I have emailed you a custom ordering link, which includes a price quote.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)