SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

1/2" wide window channel balance

A handy person from Colorado says:
Looking for a match for a few busted non-tilt 1/2" channel balances. I think the top guide above matches the 19-005 top, but I can't find anything matching the bottom shoe in your selection. Closest looks like Series 380.

The width of the fingers on the shoe/top is just over 7/8", and the total depth of the shoe is also 7/8". The length of the shoe is 1 3/8, but probably doesn't matter much. The length of the metal rail is 34", and the total length with both installed is 35". No markings except the one in the picture:

86A 33-4 GA2 CMC 24

No brand on the window or channel balance that I can find.

Thanks for your help!
John
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, John. I agree, our Series 380 channel balance appears to be the best match. It comes with the 15-005 shoe, which does look a little different. You mention that the depth is 7/8", but 1" is the smallest we have. I think it could still work but in a worst case scenario you would just grind the shoe down a little to size.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)