12x1 hydraulic Storm Door Closer

A home owner from USA says:
I'm looking for a Hydraulic Door Closer for my Storm Door that has a tube 12" long and 1 inch wide. The Home Depot and Lowes door closers I have found are 10.5" x 1" like you product code 40-167 (drop pin style I guess is the term).

With the longer door closer I can open my door up a little more than 90 degrees which is nice. I will likely rip the connector from the door frame with the 10.5" inch door closer.

I haven't tried the Closer with the Shock Spring. The only one I have found was 1.5" wide and the Hydraulic or Pneumatic tube is maybe 9" (like
you Product code 40-079).

I tried the shorter 10.5* but even when I drill a new hole the door doesn't open as far as I want it to.

Color preference is white but black will do. The only markings I have is that it says Pado Patenteada and Latao on the door lock.

There is a sticker on the old closer but it just says "Adjustable Storm Door"
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I did some checking and I also could not come up with a 12" long door closer. I wonder if yours is an older model which is not made anymore. On the 90 degree opening, I believe that is what they are made to do.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.