SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

15-026 vs 15-014

A quick learner from Illinois says:
My windows are aluminum clad, wood double hung, tilt with vinyl channels and ribbed balances (751). The shoes that I have appear to be your new 15-026. However last year a "professional" replaced the channel balances in one of my smaller windows and it appears that the shoe was the 15-014. Given the same dimensions of each, is there any functional difference in the shoe or location of the rivet or strength of the prongs? The 15-014 seem to be working OK in the window using the existing pivot pins and as that is your normal set-up for the 751 balancer it seems like I will be OK. I have to replace about 14 of these and most are on bigger windows that use P36TG (37") balances so I am concerned with the "grip" of the 15-014.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 15-026 is not very common, but the shape of the metal knife clip is important for the function in this particular balance system.

There is no difference in strength, they use the same materials, and they measure very close. The color doesn't matter, so the only difference you need to worry about is the shape of the metal clip. IF the 15-014 is working fine in your window, I see no reason to change things.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)