SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

15-047 shoe but with bigger cam

A home owner from pa says:
I Have 20 15-047 terminal shoes ,they fit ok but the locking shoe cam are too short The cams are 1/2 inch and i need 3/4 inch.Thang You
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! When you say your cam is 3/4", do you mean the diameter of the cam, or the rectangular insert? Please also see our diagram of the cam measurements for this shoe:
Close up view of the <a href=
A home owner from pa says:
My thermal guard locking shoe cam is 3/16 x 5/16 and the depth is 3/4 inch The 15-047 cam dept is 5/8 inch and is too short for my pivot bar .Can i replace the cam insert with a 3/4 inch cam depth like the 15-119 has. Thank You.
Profile picture of Paul
Unfortunately, the cams for these pivot shoes are not sold separately. Are you sure the 15-119 isn't what you need? May I see a picture of your original pivot shoe? Can you also give me its dimensions? That will help me find an appropriate replacement.
A quick learner from PA says:
Original pivot shoe is 1 1/4 inches wide,1 3/4 inches long and 3/4 inch deep at the cam.I ordered 20 pivot shoes on 6/5/2012 item # 15-047 .Can i return them if i need item # 15-119.Thank You
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for getting back to us. Seeing dimensions is only half of it; we would have to see what it looks like, as well. Can you upload a picture here? It would help us considerably.

You may also want to look at our 15-070 pivot shoe. Could that possibly work?

As for returning your previous order, please take a look at our Return/Exchange Policy for more information on how you can do this!
A quick learner from pa says:
Here you go
A user submited photo of pivot shoes
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you. That does, indeed, look similar to our 15-070. Have you compare its dimensions to your own part? Do you think it will work? Check it out and let me know what you think.
A quick learner from pa says:
Returned item #15-047 and ordered item # 15-070 and they work fine.thank you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)