SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

15 9 HQ CALDWELL 17" Balance

A handy person from Melbourne Florida says:
This is a bathroom non-tilting PGT window with laminated glass. The balance has what appears to match your 19-005 top guide and a 15-002 bottom shoe.

I do not see this combination, do you have recommendations or a better identifcation from the provided pictures?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Like you said, this attachment combination doesn't match any of our existing Series. As such, your balance will have to be custom made.

Before I can begin, though, I just need to know the weight of your sash. I wasn't able to cross reference your stamp of 15 9 to anything, so knowing your sash weight will help us determine the appropriate option.

Can you also confirm the length of the metal channel? With a stamp like 15 9, I'd think it would be 16", not 17". Make sure not to include the nylon attachments in this measurement. Please double check and let me know!
A handy person from Melbourne Florida says:
The length of the metal channel is 16 inches as you guessed and the weight of the sash is 15-16 pounds.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Excellent. In that case, check out this Custom Channel Balance Order Form that I've made for you based on your specifications. I've chosen the 1550 option for you. Two balances with this option can hold a window sash weight of 13 through 17 pounds.

Once you fill out and submit the information, one of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)