SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

15 year old sliding glass door closet guide

A handy person from Somers Point, NJ says:
I installed a sliding glass door set in a closet and the guide track (60 inces by 3 1/2 inches) is beginning to rust. Rather than remove it and scrape it down I decided to replace it but am having a difficult time finding the part. Can you help me with this?
Bob V.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I can't say for sure. Does your track accept convex wheels or concave wheels? Check out the video below to see what I mean. It would also help to see a few pictures of what you have. Thanks!
A quick learner from Somrs Point NJ says:
Thanks for the video. The wheel is definitely convex(appears to have a raised center and a step to left and right)similar to the 23-041 roller-assembly, and the track looks like the 23-258.
The track length is 60 inches and the track is 3 1/2 inches wide. The sliding doors (including the mirror) are exactly 1/16 inch thick. I'd like to order the track ASAP. I don't think I need the rollers mine are in good shape and I can always match them up with your rollers if they aren't perfect.
Bob V
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
I don't think the 23-258 will work, as it's meant for concave wheels. The only track we have for convex wheels that could work for you is our 23-241. What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)