SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

17 windows need help!

A quick learner from USA says:
We have 23 windows in our house--17 with bad balance problems. All are
stamped either 28 HD or 34 HD.

Attached are photos showing 3 bad pieces from these windows:

1. Bar guide, which has the same measurements as your product code 15-109.

2. The shoe, which has the same measurements as your 15-112.

3. Cam pivot. This one is not quite the same as your product code 17-092. Ours is narrower and shorter: 1 1/4 inches tall; 7/16 inches wide (it has the same 1/2 inch knob).

Can you confirm? Unless you tell me differently, it appears the Swisco bar guide and shoe will work fine. The pivot might work, but there is a small ridge on the sash near where the cam pivot screws into place. This ridge could crowd your wider piece.

I'm still not sure what brand of windows these are, but it may not matter. Our thanks for your help.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I agree with your assessment of pats, yes. The 29" long balance should be our S750-29, while the other balance is actually extra long for this type and will need to be custom made. Can you just tell me how many you need? Once I know that I can send you a price quote and special product that you can add to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)