~1950's Aluminum Awning Window Weatherstripping

A home owner from Fort Myers says:
I'm trying to identify the attached weatherstripping for some circa 1950s awning windows. The size of the base is approx. 3/16 as best I can tell, although it seems to have a slight bend to it. You'll see the bubble or whatever was actually being compressed is no longer there, so no idea of the size. Not sure if the bubble weatherstrip will work, or if there is something else out there.

Thanks!
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
A home owner from Fort Myers says:
I pulled another bit that shows how the buffer part works. Hard to say how tall it is, but it measured 1/16 from top of foundation that would slide into track to the top of the 'bubble'. Thanks!
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have this vinyl weatherstripping, but in your case you can consider our 58-021. See what you think.
A home owner from Fort Myers, FL says:
Thank you! Are there different properties to the bubble weatherstrip versus the wool pile weatherstrip?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I personally find that they each perform the same job equally well. Assuming the wool pile is the same size then I think you'll be okay.
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.