1964 vintage wood patio door rollers

A quick learner from USA says:
I need a roller assembly for a 1964 vintage wood patio door. The wheel itself is steel and has a groove in the middle. The part itself measures 3 inches across the top. No markings on it but the handle on the door says Crane. The top part of this roller has 3 holes in it to attach to the bottom of the door once its inserted, but the one hole on the far left is totally stripped in the wood. right now no screws are holding it in place except the weight of the door. The door is so heavy , my guess 100-- 150 lbs, that the top metal strip that screws into the bottom of the door is bent. That's why I don
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not able to find information on Crane door company. I'm not familiar with them, either. My suggestion would be to reuse the housing and just replace the wheel and axle. Look at our 81-272 roller kit and see what you think.
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.