SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

1970 METAL BI-FOLD DOOR TRACK NEEDED

A handy person from Tucker, GA says:
Hi-This is a picture of the track I am looking for. It is wide and tall with a groove that is 1/2' wide. I need a length of 36". I would be willing to consider a solution that doesn't use a lower track and an independent mount for the stationary pin as I have the top track that would serve as a guide.

It is 1 1/16th wide X 5/8 " tall and the groove is 1/2 wide

Markings on the door:
Inspected By
June 8th 1970
Hanover

Thank you,
Fred
User submitted a photo of a bi-fold door track.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Fred. We have the 21-401 track, which is 5/8" tall, but I would need more information to confirm if it will work. Namely, I would need a picture of the two bottom pins in your door and I would also need to know the diameter of the pin heads that fit in the track.
A quick learner from Tucker, GA says:
Thanks! The plastic tip on the sliding pin that fits in the track is 3/8" wide. Here are pics of both lower pins.
User submitted a photo of a bi-fold door pivot pin.
Profile picture of Paul
Great, thanks for the update. To use the 21-401 for this bottom track, you will need to replace both bottom door pins with our 21-001 pivot pin and 21-007 guide pin. I think that should do it.
A quick learner from Tucker GA says:
Great news. Will I need any pivot brackets or pivot clamps as well?
Profile picture of Paul
Pivot brackets come with the track, and I don't believe you will need any pivot clamps, no.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)