SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

1970" sliding window questions.

A home owner from USA says:
I have old (1970s)metal windows that look as though they are warped; lots of water damage. I just cleaned them up and will be ordering weatherstripping on your website.

While cleaning them up, I found what looks like part87-132, do you know where they go?

Also, there is a white plastic piece that is screwed in on the bottom of all the windows. Most of them is inside the frame while a few look as though they are keeping them from moving? It is maybe slightly longer and flatter than part87-091. Do you know what that is used for?

Also the windows are jumping up on the track. Is this a gliding issue?

The windows are not flush with the outside frame so water is coming in. Is there a part to solve this issue?

Also, what is the smallest and shorted wool pile you have? I have determined part 58-135 weatherstripping matches what i have now.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Window manufacturing companies use the 87-132 either on the bottom of the sash to slide on or on the side to keep the sash from rubbing the sides. The 87-091 nylon glide is used at the top of the sliding sash, so maybe this is something to consider. The thinnest wool pile we have is our 58-001, with a height of 5/32" and a base of 3/16".
A home owner from USA says:
What part is this? This is bottom of aluminum slider window. Is part being used for window to slide easily?
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This picture is blurry, but it resembles our 87-091 window guide. Could that be a match?
A quick learner from Usa says:
Yes. But i don't see the purpose for it based on the way it is installed. Should that be between the frame and the window?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You could be correct. Take a look at our 67-002 and 67-016. These may be more of what you're looking for.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)