1970's alum sliding patio door handles and locking mechanism,

A landlord from Albany, Oregon says:
I believe I have a 1970's style aluminum patio sliding doors. The handle that locks the door has broken off. The tenant already took it off to try to replace it. Attached is an image of one of the handle pieces. I want to replace the locking mechanism and handles. I don't know the name of the hardware or sliding doors. Are you able to help me identify the hardware? Thanks.
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what to recommend. We would like to see how the handle is attached to the door and what type of latch it uses, that may help. We would also like to see the other side of the handle. Finally, please include dimensions in your photos. Thanks!
A professional from California says:
The mortise for that Arcadia door is usually 82-232 with 82-250 lever. The handle probably hasn't been made in 30+ years.
A landlord from Albany Oregon says:
Follow up with first photo submission, attached
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
More images of the same sliding patio door mechanism. Trying to locate the other parts to photograph.
Photo of the inside of the sliding door handle. Thanks.
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if you need to replace the complete handle set or just the parts. We believe you have an older model Arcadia patio door whose handle isn't available any more. Take a look at our 82-232 mortise latch and the 82-250 latch lever. I'm hoping these could be all you need to repair the door.
A professional from CA says:
If you insert a screwdriver in the mortise lock slot, does it turn and move the locking part into position to lock the door? If that part works, you should be able to retrofit a newer mortise handle by drilling holes in the proper places. You might want to find a professional.
Yes, currently the door can lock/unlock by apply a screwdriver to turn the lock. I've ordered the 82-250 lever part to see if that will fit and then it will be a matter of custom fitting some sort of handle. I will certainly search for a door hardware vendor that could customize a handle. and I'm a lot better off now for finding a solution. Thanks for the very helpful advice!!!
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.