SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

1980 Vintage Keller Sliding Dual Pane glass door

A home owner from Sacramento,CA says:
Rollers bad on Keller Slider from California ~ 1980. Door is exactly 1" thick.

Don't have help now to pull door and check part.

Can you tell which roller assy it takes? 81-006 ? 81-004 ?

Would a replacement door track 80-103 fit this model?

User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It's really hard to tell what roller you have without seeing it removed. The two you named could possibly work, but I cannot confirm. It's a guess, at best. If you cannot remove the door yourself, you may want to contact a local handy person to do it for you.
A home owner from Sacramento,CA says:
My picture shows a roller that has a small (adjustment?) screw on the bottom and a larger (mounting?) screw on the top.

Both the 81-006 and 81-004 rollers have the large screw on the bottom.

Could these rollers possibly fit the door in the picture?

Should I be looking for a replacement roller with the small screw at bottom and large one on top? Like the 81-020 ?

Thanks, Chris
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Like Dave said, it's hard for us to say. There's more to identifying a roller than the placement of its screws. The only way we can find out what you have is if we see pictures of it removed from the door. Watch the video below to see how you can remove your roller.
A home owner from Sacramento, Ca says:
I finally took this door apart. Had to remove fixed pane of slider first to remove the door. Found out on this Keller slider, that the roller is held in by tabs on each side that are exposed when the outer door frame is removed; no screw to hold it in.

Had to "massage" the tabs with hammer and screwdriver to get roller out. Turns out to be a 81-006 roller.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)