1980's sliding glass door with impact glass

A home owner from Florida says:
HELP! I am trying to replace the roller's in a sliding glass door in my home, the house was built in 1984 in south Florida and it is a 8ft wide, 74" tall door with a metal frame.

The pictures attached are the roller that I was able to pull from the bottom of the door. Here are the measurements of the wheel and housing:

The wheel diameter is: 1 1/2 wide
the case the wheel is in: is 1 5/8 high and 2 3/8 wide

Any assistance would be most appreciated! The door does not have any discernible markings stating who the manufacturer of the door is.

Thank you!
JM
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looks like this is just the inside portion of the roller. In order to accurately identify what you need, I need to see the outer housing as well. Check inside your door and see if it's still installed.

In the meantime, check out our 81-004 and see if this is a match.
A home owner from S Florida says:
Thank you Paul!
I pulled the door again to double check that I did not leave the outer housing in the door accidentally, and it appears that all of the rollers for both doors do not have an outer housing encapsulating them.

I am not sure whether or not this is normal, but everything I see online has the rollers in a housing, so this leads me to believe that either the rollers never had the external housing installed or the housing was removed at some point by the prior homeowner.

Any other ideas on this one? Would I be able to use a roller with a housing to repair my doors? Or am I able to purchase the roller you recommended and remove the housing? I appreciate your help!
Thank you,
JM
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
That's very strange! I'm not even sure how someone would do that. Door companies use the outer housing to hold the door together.

You could always look into just replacing the wheel. Check out our 81-225 wheel with an 81-304 axle. That might work for you.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.