1986 Carado Window Parts

A quick learner from Philadlephia PA says:
Hi, I have a number of Caradco casement windows in my home that were installed in 1986. A couple of them have experienced mechanical/operator/crank failures while still maintaining a good weather seal, no warping or rotting and sealed double glass. I would like to fix the mechanical problems if possible.

You're videos look just like my casements and I'm attaching photos so that I hope you can help me figure out what parts I need to order to fix the problems.

The first set of photos is a casement window that is still functional and has no operational problems. The second set of photos is a casement that has a broken handle that no longer connects to the operator. The cover housing is removed. The operator still works but the crank will no longer attach.

The third window is a casement where the operator was broken and removed along with I the stops ( I think). I would like to replace all the mechanical operating and cover parts here, operator, hinge, handle and cover.

I would also be interested in purchasing replacement handles that for these and other casements that are low profile and do not interfere with inside mount cellular shades.

I'd really appreciate any information suggestions you can provide to help fix these windows. Thank you very much. Im going to have to upload the photos in separate messages, thanks for your patience.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. For the window lock, see our 38-097 and 39-098. Keep in mind that these are newer versions of your old lock, so you would need the 38-079 keeper for them to function. For the operator itself, it's hard to say what you need without seeing the arms. Start by looking at our 39-156 and 39-155. Carefully compare our measurements and pictures to your own in order to confirm.
A quick learner from Rapid City, SD says:
I have Carado hardware on the windows in my 1976 house. The hardware is similar to this post, but the operator cover is one-piece with the operator. Two of my windows have broken operators and the base plate where the screws penetrate the window frame. I anticipate that my hardware is an older version of what is shown in this post. Is the one-piece hardware still available? Or, can the current hardware be used with modifications to the window. The seals, latches, and window locks are all ok. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I can't say for sure. Would you be able to show us a picture of the operator out of the window? That would help us determine what you have.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.