SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

2 balances needed for single hung window.

A quick learner from albuquerque, NM says:
balance width is 1/2 inch and is 25 5/8 inches long. can you give me your part number, cost and shipping? In addition, i need the top sash guide for each balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I have received your pictures and I believe we can help, but your images were a bit too small and I could not make out the finer details. If possible, please take a clearer picture of the top nylon guide, the bottom nylon guide, and the metal clip at the end of the cord. I will also need to know what the stamp printed on the metal channel reads.

Once we have that information, we can work from there. Keep in mind that your balance has to be custom made, which is why we need the extra information.
A quick learner from albuquerque, NM says:
Can the nylon guides simply be replaced since that is what appears to be broken?? The balance looks to be good condition otherwise. Hopefully these pics help.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid these nylon pieces are not available by themselves. The bottom guide especially is incorporated into the pulley system.

These new pictures are a huge help, thank you. We have everything we need to know. I will email you a custom balance order form for two of these.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)