SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

2" die cast latch

A professional from Gainesville, Florida says:
Please help me find this patio door latch only, i have the handle set. Door is 1 3/4" wide. the latch i've been finding from other suppliers have the mushroom shaped head too close to the inside of the home. I need the latch with the mushroom shaped head/stem almost on center of the 2" thick door. I,ve seen a picture of this latch supplied by your company in an internet discussion but now cant find it. I think you've got it.

Thanks,
Jason
A customer submitted photo of two diecast latches.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
We have located a possible replacement part. However, this part is not yet online. We will post an update on the discussion board as soon as the part is online and available for you to view.

Thank you for your patience.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Jason, Take a look at new SWISCO product code 82-248, Latch Hook, 2" Long.
Compare the measures to the latch you are trying to replace.
A professional from Gainesville, Florida says:
Hello Donna,
The picture I sent to you shows measurements for whats needed (to the left of picture) but your item(82-248) matches the measurements (to the right of picture) that will not work. The "tongue" of your latch is an inch away from the end that connects to the "thumb turn". We need more space than that, more like 1 7/16" if measured the same way you've measured part # 82-248. On your picture for that part its the left, 1" measurement that needs to be 1 7/16". If you have something close or if you can get what we need, please let me know.
Thanks,
Jason
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the original part is discontinued and no longer available. The 82-248 Latch Hook is the closest possible replacement we have at this time.

I do have one recommendation, though. Can you cut out the hole in the edge of the door to match the length of the shorter die cast tooth? Then you should be able to reset the keeper in the door jamb.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)