SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

2-point mortise on PPG Herculite sliding glass door

A quick learner from Pittsburgh says:
The lock mechanism snapped just below the screw hole. additionally, the lock cylinder broke. I haven't been able to find anything with the same measurements.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. We have found a possible replacement for this thumb lever. We are not totally positive that it will work, but it is very close and we want you to look it over as soon as it's added to our catalog. Hopefully you'll be able to use it. We are bringing it in now and will let you know as soon as it's added to our catalog.

As for the mortise lock, it's hard to read your measurements based on these pictures. Can you confirm the distance between the installation holes, center-to-center?
A quick learner says:
Thank you for your help. The installation holes appear to be 12 inches apart.
User submitted a photo of a mortise lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Okay, I thought it might be. Our 82-260 also has a 12" hole spacing. It looks a little different but it might still be the one you want. Look it over carefully and tell me what you think!
A professional from California says:
Sounds like they also need 82-073 or 82-074.
A professional from California says:
It looks as though your mortise lock is OK. I can't tell from the picture. If only the plate is broken, you may be able to drill a new screw hole in the recess near the adjustment screw. Be very careful not to run into the glass.

If the hole the mortise fits in is large enough for the new lock, it would probably be usable. You will probably need the strike as well because the hooks on the old one appear to be closer together.
Profile picture of Tom
Please see our new 82-107!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)