20" Self-Closing Drawer Slide Pair

A quick learner from Rye, NH says:
What diameter is the nylon ball bearing wheel? I'm looking to match an old chemistry table and the wheels are 7/8" diameter on a 20" long slider.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The wheels on the 32-060 are 3/4" in diameter, but keep in mind that this is a complete track kit. Your old wheels shouldn't matter since the 32-060 is replacing them.
A home owner from Rye, NH says:
Hi Tom,

What I'm doing is restoring an old chemistry table. What I'm doing is putting a 3" thick cutting board in as one of the drawers. So the hardware built into the desk can't be changed. What my plan is to mount half of your slider to each side of the cutting board and roll it in like a drawer. So if the drawer slider has a 7/8" wheel, am I better off with a 3/4" wheel slider or 1" wheel Slider?

Many thanks for your help.

Marty
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Since you are keeping the original hardware and just replacing the wheels, may I suggest an alternative solution? We have two 7/8" nylon ball bearing wheels that are screwed on with a 8/32 screw. These may be worth considering. Check out our 10-101 and 10-109. Many have been successful in using these, but see what you think.
A home owner from Rye says:
I'm only keeping half the original hardware that is welded into the desk drawer.
What I need to do is purchase the other half of the slider that needs to be mounted on the 2 sides of the butcher block that is replace the drawer that used to slide into the desk. So I need a 20 inch long slider with 7/8" diameter rollers to match the roller on the desk slider.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, our 32-060 has 3/4" diameter wheels. It's not exactly 7/8", and I cannot guarantee that it will work, but it's the best possible match we have.
How to Replace Self-Closing Drawer Slides
How to Replace Self-Closing Drawer Slides
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.