SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

2001 SH SERIES BALANCER

A quick learner from Florida says:
I am looking for a replacement sash balancer for a 2001 sh series window. It has a 1/2" channel and is 29 7/8" long. The channel has a 29 9 Bsl Md marked on it. It also has H-R40-53x76 H-R55-53x76 on the window label. Can you help me out?
Thanks
A customer submitted image of their channel balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Before I can confirm what Series channel balance you have, I'll have to confirm a few things.

First, please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe?

Can you also weigh the window sash? A stamp of 29 9 does not match any of our standard options.

Now, as for the top sash guides, I have a few suggestions. See our 18-111, 18-115, or 18-127. Compare their dimensions to your own and let me know which one is closest.
The shoe is part #15-002 (1" deep).

The sash weighs 5.6 oz.
Profile picture of Tom
Great! With that shoe size, you may want to look at our S351-30 channel balance. Does that look about right?

Can you also confirm the weight of your sash? Usually they weigh several pounds. Are you weighing the balance by mistake? The sash is the part of the window that actually moves up and down.
The sash weighs 25-1/2 pounds.
Thanks for your help. Waiting to hear back from you.
Pam
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, looks like you'll want the 2940 option. This can carry a window sash weight of 23 through 28 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)