2017 Anderson gliding door series 200

A home owner from New York says:
I would like to be able to temporarily lock the operational panel of an Andersen gliding patio door (looking from outside it is a left operating panel) with a key so a child can not exit because the sliding door is on the 2nd floor and deck is under construction. I assume I would buy a right operating keyed lock because it will be mounted on the inside instead of the outside. I'm not questioning the safety risk, just if it can mechanically be done.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I see what you're trying to do. I'm not sure if it will work, but there's a chance. You could install the 82-317 on the inside with the 82-043 Thumb turn on the outside, but that's just a theory. I've never tried it personally, so I don't know if Andersen doors are made in such a way to make this impossible. You may also want to talk to a locksmith in your area to see if he has a better way to secure the door to keep a child in.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.