22B chanel balances with 15-043 terminal clip to fit 15-167 Pivot lock shoe

A quick learner from Florida says:
I've ordered before but already had string break. 22" long with hole at top of channel balance, see photo of original ones.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The Series 770 balance definitely looks like a good match. I'm not sure why the cord is breaking. Can you tell me the weight of your sash?
A quick learner from Florida says:
16 pounds, if I use the 22C I find it doesn't stay down and gets harder to install on the pivot lock shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, if your sash is 16 pounds and the 22C option is too strong, the 22B would definitely be the way to go. That still doesn't account for why the string would break, though. I can't see any reason why that would happen, based on your information. Does it happen to all the balances, or just one?
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.