SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

23-232 is too wide

A home owner from Arcadia, California says:
I purchased two 23-232 units, and they are nearly identical to the original rollers, *except* that the hinge pin is surface-mounted (pokes above the housing surface) instead of recessed (is flush with the housing surface). This extra 1/16 of an inch on both sides is enough to make the 23-232 not fit within the door housing. I've attached a photo of the original (left) and new (right) roller with the problem area indicated with red arrows. The 23-232 seems to have all the right dimensions to otherwise be a great replacement for the original roller. I'm going to return the 23-232 units I ordered, and hope that you have an alternative unit that will fit my doors.
User submitted a photo of patio door rollers.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I see what you're talking about. Unfortunately, I've looked all over and I can't find a version exactly like yours. You say it's 1/16" of an inch wider than the original. Maybe try to file down the head of the rivet a little so it could fit your your door channel. I'm sorry I can't offer a more official suggestion!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)