SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

23" series 380 Channel Balance

A home owner from Hernando Beach Fl. says:
I can not find a Weight Range stamp on the Balance. The window is a series 380 DH-R30 and the glass measures 42.5" W x 22" H (Just glass, no frame. Could you help me with this?

Also, in following your removal instructions, I can't locate the release clip?

Thanks for your help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That is a very odd stamp. Can you tell me what the weight of your sash? That will tell us exactly what option you need for the S380-23.

As for the release clip, do you mean something like our 16-002 take out clip? If you don't have one you could buy a replacement 16-002 or use a screw as a temporary substitute (though that would require drilling into the jamb track).
A home owner from Hernando Beach says:
Re: D52280,

The Sash weighs between 26 and 28 pounds.

Thanks, B.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Then you have two choices. Two balances with the 2250 option can carry a sash weight of 23 through 27 pounds, while two balances with the 2260 option can carry 27 through 30 pounds. Only one will work, though. I highly recommend that you get an exact weight for your sash to determine which is best. It is possible to have a balance that is too strong.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)