24 inch 390 channel balance

A quick learner from Milton Fl says:
I am stumped as to which stamp option to order all I see on my old balance is 23 C I assume this is the strength of the spring. If I were to choose I would choose stamp option 2330 but I don't know...Please help as I would like to order today...Thanx Joe
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Joe. Usually a stamp of 23 C corresponds to our 2330, yes. However, you should weigh your window sash and compare it to the weight rating chart under the S390-24 just to make sure it's correct, as there is no guarantee.
Thanx Tom...are you referring to actually removing the sash to weigh it? I guess that is the only feasible way to do it. Say for instance the sash weighs 30 pounds I suppose you would then divide by 2 as each channel balance would then support 1/2 the load. Is that how it works?
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, you would need to remove the sash and physically weigh it. You would not divide the weight by half, though. Not for this type of balance, at any rate. The option chart under the S390-24 is based around two balances per sash working together as one unit to carry each respective weight.
Thanx for all your help Tom. I have decided that the 19002 top and the 15001 shoe are the correct choices for me judging by the photos I have sent you do they look to be the proper choices in your opinion?
Profile picture of Tom
They look pretty close, yes, but I can't say for sure. It's hard to eyeball what the depth of the bottom shoe is, so without knowing its exact dimensions I can't say if its the 15-001 or 15-002.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.