SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

241 Construction - Casement Window Crank Replacement Parts

A contractor from MINNEAPOLIS, MN says:
Hello, my names Matt. I am trying to identify the parts for replacement in the attached pictures. I believe these are Caradco hardware.

I am far from an expert but I believe I have located the parts that I need on your website: the 39-374. The only difference is the number of screw holes.

If you could please verify the parts I will be needing.

1. Casement Operator: Picture attached. 16" end to end. 13 1/2" end to middle of turn wheel. The only identifying marks on the equipment is the #42 and LH written on the bottom of the crank.

2. Handles: Picture attached.

3. Window Bracket: Picture attached. 14" end to end

The sliders that are attached to the window seem to be in working condition. These will not need to be replaced, correct? Are you aware if Caradco is still in business? Do you know where we can find parts if you do not have them? Do you supply screens? Do you know where I can find replacement screens from caradco?

Sorry for all the questions! I understand you may not be able to answer them all but I would appreciate the help.

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Matt. There's no such thing as too many questions. I'll answer what I can.

For the operator, I think you should consider our 39-013 and 39-014. These are the newer version. Take a look and see if these are a match. If so, you should also see our 39-114L for the handle (or the 39-205, which folds) and either our 39-505 or 39-533 tracks. I can't quite tell what your track is based on these pictures, but these two can work with the 39-013 and 39-014 so see what you think.

We do not supply screens, but you could contact a local hardware store and they should be able to help you out. I'm also not sure what the sliders are on your window, but if they are working fine and don't seem to be damaged, I see no reason to replace them.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)