SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

24.5 long with boot on. Boot is blue in color. Top plastic piece has split and allows rod to pass through

A quick learner from Iowa says:
I just discovered your site and posted to a thread. I found your help identify an item so now I'm trying to put the same information in here in hopes of getting this fixed fast. I did not install these windows as they came with the house upon purchasing. I believe it may be a series 850 from what I found in the other post but the boot color is throwing me off. The boot is 1 1/4" wide.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I agree, the Series 850 looks to be our best match. The color of the shoe usually is used to denote the strength of the spring; another way to look at it is that the color of the shoe denotes the weight of the sash that the balance can support. There's a good chance our Black or White color shoes could work for you, but you will need to weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the chart on our S850-24 store page to confirm which.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)